Singleton Park Resident Information

Singleton Park Resident Information

Singleton - Resident Information

For all the information you need throughout your time in residences!   Bookmark this page (Ctrl-D)

Resident Information Guides
Fire Safety Information
Connect to Eduroam - The University Wi-Fi*
Connect to Swansea uni-Play**
Complete your room inventory within 7 days of arriving.
Residents' Handbook - Singleton 2017
(6) Part-Catered / Pre-Paid Dining Card Factsheet
(5) Condensation & Mold  ‌

Eduroam* - This is the University Academic Wireless Network and supports a wide range of devices and should be used for everything except gaming devices and internet-of-things styled devices.

SwanseaUni-Play** - Play network for games consoles, Wi-Fi devices such as Amazon Echo/Dot etc. This network does not have the security features of Eduroam and is aimed at gaming and internet-of-things devices. It uses the same level of security as a home network with a shared password.

Address / Postcodes

Your address is your Hall Code, flat number, room number. E.g. If you are CAS001/09, that is Caswell Flat 001, Room 9,(See Tenancy Agreement sent to you for details). The flat number does not relate to floor number.

Swansea University
Singleton Park


For information on addressing UK & International mail, see: Royal Mail Guide Addressing Your Mail

Advice on delivery in the UK, see: Royal Mail Top Tips for Sending Mail 

Moving Out?

Don’t forget when you move to redirect your mail and update your Intranet Account. See: Redirecting your mail for more information.

Need to Report a Repair?

To report a repair you will need to click here

Once a repair is reported:

  • You are granting access to staff to respond to the issue.  
  • You do not need to be present for the staff to access the area.
  • If you do not want staff to access the area without you being present, you must state this at the time of making the request. 

If the repair is Urgent, please call: Telephone No: +44 (0) 1792 602910 or call into the Reception, located at the base of the Preseli Residence.


Reception Office Hours:

The Reception Office is staffed 24 hours a day.

Hall Details and Floor Plans

Standard Rooms Self Catered

Our Standard Self Catered Hall is Cefn Bryn. It is made up in what is called 'Traditional' style layout of 18-20 rooms per floor. The floor is divided into 2 flats.

Standard rooms are larger than the ensuite rooms on campus.

  • Standard single rooms
  • Single Beds
  • Shared bathroom, ratio 1:2 (approx) does vary depending on the floor.
  • Fully equipped kitchen on each floor
  • Wash Hand Basin in rooms

Cefn Bryn Floor Plan

For photos of our residence click here! 

Standard Rooms Pre-paid Dining

For students staying in Kilvey and Rhossili: You will be provided with a Pre-paid dining card which is credited with £28.00 per week to enable you to purchase meals in any of the ten catering outlets on-site. 

  • All Pre-paid dining rooms have a Mini Fridge in the rooms

Standard rooms are larger than the ensuite rooms on campus.

Standard single rooms
Single Beds
Shared bathroom, ratio 1:2 (approx) does vary depending on the floor
Fully equipped kitchen on each floor
Wash Hand Basin in rooms
Mini Fridge

For photos of our residence click here! 

Ensuite Traditional

For students staying in Preseli, it is made up in what we call 'Traditional' style layout of 18-20 rooms per floor with the floor divided into 2 flats. 

  • Traditional style layout of 18-20 rooms per floor
  • Ensuite Single Room
  • Single Beds
  • 2 kitchens on each floor

Preseli Floor Plan

For photos of our residence click here! 

Ensuite Flats of 8

All of these halls are made of Flats of 8 rooms with ensuite and shared kitchen facilities.

Caswell Floor Plan
Langland Floor Plan
Oxwich Floor Plan
Penmaen Floor Plan
Horton Floor Plan

 For photos of our residence click here 

Around the Uni

Support Services

Residential Services is part of Student Services which is here to support you throughout your time at university. 

Student Support Services 
Access support from Student Services International@CampusLife
Disability@CampusLife Wellbeing@CampusLife
Money@CampusLife  Welfare@CampusLife

Food Health & Sport

Unibus - Travel Information

A frequent bus service will be in operation between Bay Campus, the City Centre, Singleton Park Campus & Hendrefoelan Student Village. 

Bay Campus, Singleton Park Campus and Swansea City Centre are also linked by National Cycle Route 4.

Online Journey planner click here.


Accommodation Issues

Accommodation Issues?

If you have any issue whilst in our accommodation, there is always someone you can talk to who can offer help, advice or support.  

In the first instance, speak to your: Residence Life Coordinator or Residence Manager.

Your ResNet Coordinator runs weekly surgeries for you to call in for a chat about things.

Student Village Reception House 40 Monday 2:00pm 3:00pm
Singelton Park Preseli Reception Tuesday 2:00pm 3:00pm
Bay Campus Tower Reception Wednesday 3:00pm 4:00pm


Transfer to another room or site?

Before you arrive?

 If it's before you have arrived at your accommodation, please download and return the:  (4) Pre-Arrival Transfer Form

If you have moved in?

Room Swap

We have a Facebook Room Swap page. Post here and you may be able to swap rooms, and the cost is only £5.00. Make sure you state if your flat is: Alcohol-Free, Single Sex or Quiet, Mature area or Postgraduate: See Facebook Room Swaps and complete the form if you find someone that wants to swap rooms with you:  (3) Room Swap Request Form

Request a Transfer

If you are not able to find someone to Swap, you can complete the form below. And if we have any available accommodation, we will transfer you.

  • In the first few weeks of the term, many rooms appear to be available but they are in fact contracted to a student who has arranged a late arrival. 

Due to the numbers of requests at the start of the session, it is unlikely that we will be able to arrange all requests immediately. Where possible, we will try to coordinate moves as quickly as possible.

The transfer list will operate in the following priority order:- 

  • Date of application priority
  • Medical Need/Disability 

You will need to complete:  (1) In-House Transfer Room Request Form

Please be advised that there is a £50.00 administration charge for all successful transfers. 

  • Please check emails regularly. Any updates will be sent to your university email.
  • Please ensure to give as much information as possible for your request in order to offer you the best alternative.
  • The request must be renewed every 14 days or the request will expire.
  • After the offer is made, you will have 3 days to accept it before it is cancelled. 
  • All transfer/room move requests if successful will be charged a £50.00 administration fee.
  • A transfer may not be considered if there is any outstanding debt.

Ending your Studies?

Withdrawing or Suspending Studies?

**If you are withdrawing from university and living in University Accommodation, your financial liability will not end until you have completed the following:

  • Formalities to withdraw/suspend from your department/admissions.
  • Completed a (2) Release From Accommodation Request Form and return it Residential Services.
  • Cleaned and removed all rubbish from your room.
  • Returned ALL keys to the accommodation back to the appropriate site office.


  • A 6-week notice is only applicable to students officially Withdrawing / Suspending studies. 
  • You are able to stay in your room for the 6 weeks notice period.
  • Notice starts the Friday on or after you have returned the form to Residential Services.
  • If you move out of your accommodation and return your keys prior to the 6 weeks notice, we will try to rent the room to a new student. 
  • PLEASE NOTE: Failure to notify Residential Services could result in full liability for the full amount of fees owing.

Want to move out of accommodation?

Want to move out of your accommodation?

You should NOT sign any Tenancy Agreement / Contract without first discussing your case with the accommodation office and formally being released from your contract with the university.

The only other circumstances under which a student may be released from his/her contract before its end date is:

  • When arrangements are made for a new student to take over the let of the room.
  • IF the university is successful in finding a suitable replacement tenant, (who is not currently in university accommodation) to take over the remainder of the contract. A Tenancy Release Fee of £350.00 (2018) will apply.

(2) Release From Accommodation Request Form

Departure Information

Departure Information

If you are reading this, it's probably because you are getting ready to leave. We really hope that you have enjoyed your time and wish you all the best for the future.

Below are a few pointers to help with your departure. Also, as you are responsible for the condition of your room and communal areas of your floor, flat or house until the end of your contract, we have put together a checklist of things you need to do before you leave.

Don't forget, if you are Withdrawing or Suspending studies, if you leave your accommodation earlier than your contract end date, your contractual or financial commitment will still apply.

Watch our video: 'Moving out Made Easy!'

Click here to answer a few questions about your time in residence.

Departure Checklist

Don’t get charged! To ensure you don’t, follow this simple checklist.

1. Clean the communal areas, such as your kitchen and bathrooms  
2. Remove all your belongings from your accommodation; this includes your room & all communal areas  
3. Lock your bedroom door and shut your window to prevent anyone from accessing your room once you have left  
4. Report any damage  
5. Return any equipment that may have been loaned  
6. Return keys to reception before 10am on the last day of your contract  

Forward your Mail & Storage Information

Don’t forget to forward your mail

If you have mail delivered to your residence address, contact your bank, credit card provider and other relevant parties and notify them of your replacement address. There are plenty of standard template letters on the web to assist you.

Alternatively, you can arrange mail re-direction with Royal Mail.  Full information is available on the Royal Mail website: There is a charge for this service.

We hope that you have had an enjoyable year living in residences. 


There are a few storage companies in the area if you need to store your belongings (these companies are just suggestions and are not in any way affiliated with the University):

Storage Companies
Britannia Storage
Swansea Self Storage
Student Storage
One Stop Worldwide

Charity Collections / Donations

Charity collections

There are British Heart Foundation charity banks on:

  • Bay Campus near Dolbardarn residence
  • Singleton Campus in the Preseli car park
  • Hendrefoelan Student Village outside House 40 Reception, near blocks 145 - 150

You can donate your unwanted items, such as clothing, shoes, books, CDs, DVDs, accessories and bric-a-brac.
Food, bedding and electrical items should be taken to residence site receptions for donation.


Swaps! Where you can buy, sell or advertise to swap anything from text books, fancy dress items or even sell furniture at the end of term: SWAPS