Find accommodation in Swansea!

We are able to guarantee you a room in Swansea University accommodation or with other students within the private rented sector

Over the last 3 years we have opened an extra 2000 ensuite rooms,  so we are now able to house 99% of first years.  The rest choose to live in shared student houses near to the campuses or in one of the private halls of residence in the city centre.

Once you have secured your place to study in Swansea, the next thing no doubt on your 'to do' list will be to find somewhere to live during your first year as a student. Please click here to make your application for accommodation.


What happens if university accommodation is full?

In the unlikely event that University accommodation looks as though it will fill up, firstly, don’t panic! There’s an abundance of student houses in residential communities such as, Brynmill, Uplands, St Thomas and Port Tennant close to the two campuses and we can offer assistance in making sure that you are able to meet up with fellow 1st year students in the same situation as yourself to ensure that you find somewhere to live.  There are also private halls of residence in the city centre offering ensuite rooms or studios.

 If our rooms are full up, all new undergraduate students who we are unable to house in university accommodation will be invited to a Housing Fair. 

To ensure you can gain assistance from our Residential Services Department in securing suitable accommodation in Swansea, please make an application through our online system so we have your details and can get you started with your house hunting. For more information see: Accommodation

Questions about accommodation?

If you have any questions about accommodation, please visit our A-Z of services in the first instance where links to most of the questions can be found. Please note at this time of the year we receive a large volume of calls and emails and we will respond as quickly as we possibly can.

If you're unable to find the answer to your query there, please contact Residential Services using one of the following methods:

Wondering about what to bring to university?  Visit: