Enrolment for continuing postgraduates

Enrolment steps

Before you enrol for continuing students

Sort out your tuition fee

  • Make your application for a UK student finance loan to Student Finance England, Wales or Northern Ireland (the Student Loans Company). If you have a loan from the Student Loans Company, your fees will be paid by your tuition fee loan/grant and your maintenance loan will be paid when you have enrolled within five working days.
  • If you have other sponsorship from your employer, trust, council or embassy, send us a confirmation of sponsorship form or letter from your sponsor by email to studentfinance@swansea.ac.uk or by post to Student Records Office, Singleton Abbey, Swansea University,  SA2 8PP
  • If the University is paying towards your fees, make sure your bursary is authorised when you enrol (Members of staff send us your Staff Bursary or Research Assistant Bursary form)
  • Otherwise you need to make your own arrangements to pay by card or direct debit when you enrol or pay in advance by logging in to the SU intranet and click on Financial Transactions to make a payment.

Module selection

International non-EU right to study check

  • Check your visa has not expired and covers the duration of your course. If you need to extend your visa talk to our International Campus Life office as soon as possible, browse Advice about your visa
  • Bring your passport and visa/Biometric Residence Permit (BRP card) to the international non-EU registration venue to confirm your right to study and then enrol online.

Paying your bills

  • If you rely on a bursary, scholarship, grant or loan to pay your bills, please note the first payment is made after you enrol and may not be in your bank account by the 1st day of the month. To avoid going overdrawn, we advise direct debits/making regular payments after the 7th day of the month.
  • If you have not received a University maintenance payment you were expecting, please contact the Finance Payments section.

Paying tuition fees

If you are self-funding, browse the links below about paying your fees:

Enrolment online for all students

You will need to login to the intranet and enrol online

  • Agree to be a student at Swansea University and abide by the academic guide regulations and the data protection statement
  • If you are from the UK or EU and you have not previously provided proof of your nationality, upload your UK/EU passport or national ID card.
  • Provide your term time address and postcode if you are studying in the UK, otherwise provide your study abroad contact address
  • Check and update your student record
  • Confirm your module selection
  • If you are liable to pay a fee, during online enrolment make a payment by card or set up a direct debit
  • At the end of online enrolment you will receive a message confirming that you have successfully enrolled.
  • If you do not receive a message that you have successfully enrolled or for any reason you cannot enrol online, please contact us and a member of staff will help you.

If you are an international non-EU studentregister your passport and visa in person and then enrol online.

International registration for non-EU students

If you are not from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you will need to register in person and enrol online:

  • Bring your passport and visa
  • Bring your letter of entitlement to pick up your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP card)
  • If we need proof of your entry qualifications, bring your certificates. For example, an original bachelor degree certificate.
  • If your employer, embassy or trust is paying your tuition fee, bring your sponsor letter with you
  • If necessary, book an appointment to register with the police

For full details browse international registration

Continuing postgraduate return

  • Please contact your supervisor and confirm the next step of your work plan.
  • If you need to know when to attend your modules or induction events contact your College.
  • Research students, please login to the eVision Research Managemement System (RMS) to review your meetings, engagement and attendance monitoring details and ensure this month's event is completed before the end of the month.

Enrolment deadlines and termination of candidature

Quarter Course start date Enrolment start date Enrolment deadline
1 Mid September-October 17/Sep/2018 15/Oct/2018
2 January 11/Dec/2017 15/Jan/2018
3 April 12/Mar/2018 16/Apr/2018
4 July 11/Jun/2018 16/Jul/2018
 - Early September and other start dates Refer to early and other enrolment

Students withdrawn after the enroment deadline may be reinstated to enrol by submitting a  Late enrolment approval form

Withdrawn students will no longer be able to continue studying, access University facilities, such as Blackboard; will not be able to stay in University owned accommodation in line with the Terms and Conditions of a tenancy agreement. Tier 4 student visa holders will also risk having their visa cancelled.