Global Advancement, formally known as the Directorate of Marketing, Recruitment, Internationalisation and Development, aims to advance the reputation, our future students and the development of Swansea University in all our markets in the UK and overseas. Our core functions in Colleges and the Centre are:
- Admissions and Conversion
- Development and Engagement (including Corporate Events)
- Digital Marketing
- Director's Office, Front of House, VIP liaison and special projects
- International Development (International recruitment, mobility and partnerships)
- Marketing (Corporate, Research, Business and Recruitment)
- Marketing Intelligence
- Public Relations, Communications and Corporate Affairs
- UK Student Recruitment
Global Advancement markets the institution as a whole, promoting a co-ordinated, research-based marketing culture and encompassing the University’s strategic plans in all activities.
Guiding our work is a core set of values and standards.
- 75% increase in UCAS applications over last three years - second largest increase of universities in the UK)
- 96% rate Admissions service as “good”
- 91% rate Undergraduate open day as "excellent or good" (up 3% from 2014)
- 90% rate Postgraduate open day as “very useful or useful” (up 10% from 2014)
- International enrolment up 18% (from 105 countries)
- 93% rate Go Global inbound and short /summer programmes as "excellent or good"
- 20% increase in mobility programmes
- €175K awarded for mobility in the US, China and New Zealand + €618K for mobility within the EU
- 100% satisfaction ratings at Abbey reception and Saudi alumni event
- Media coverage up 21% and visits to the Undergraduate section of web site up 30%
- inauguration of Development Advisory Board and alumni chapters in Oman, Qatar and Hong Kong
- Business marketing activity scoped in the Swansea City Bay Region
- Swansea University branding installed at Liberty Stadium and work with Swansea City football, Ospreys Rugby and Scarlets Rugby
Celebrating Swansea University success
Swansea University is proud of its awards, achievements and position in world and UK league tables, rankings, and surveys. You will find a selection of the University’s recent success stories (2013-2016) from the link below. And for details of all the latest news, research, and what’s happening/events at Swansea University, visit the Media Centre.
Marketing CSE Success