Staff and students alike were pleased to hear that John Smith’s is going to have a presence on the Swansea University Singleton Campus.
The new John Smith Bookshop, their first store in Wales, will be located on the ground floor of the Taliesin Arts Centre and opens on Monday 23rd September.
Campus services manager Nanele Lewis said: “We are delighted to welcome John Smith’s to our University for the provision of a campus book store. John Smith’s will offer not only books but a broad range of other products and a dedicated web site to suit the needs of our students. We are looking forward to working with them and developing new products and services.”
Commenting on this new venture, Peter Gray, Chairman and CEO of the JS Group, said: “Swansea University is one the leading universities in the UK and we are very pleased to be partnering with them to ensure students have access on campus to the books, IT equipment and other learning materials they need to succeed. The University has been extremely helpful and proactive in helping us open this store and we look forward to working with them for many years to come.”
Operating principally in the UK and with a fast growing presence in Africa, the JS Group meets the information needs of the education and professional services sectors.
Their higher education businesses in the UK are John Smith's and Aspire. John Smith's is a retail solution for universities that delivers compelling, on-site access to course books, software, PCs, laptops and tablets and a range of other goods and services tailored to their student community. Aspire is the market leading bursary management solution used by universities to deliver an enriched student experience.
The shops usual trading hours will be 9.00 - 17.30, though these will extend during peak trading periods.
For more information contact Clare Rowe at: Claire.email@example.com
- The JS Group has three operating businesses:
- John Smiths operates campus retail stores in the UK. John Smiths has 27 UK stores.
- JS International operates campus based bookshops in Ghana, Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland.
- Aspire is a bursary management solution based on smartcard technology that is used by universities to distribute cashless bursaries and other financial awards to students.
For more information on the Swansea University John Smith Bookshop go to http://www.jscampus.co.uk/swansea
- Thursday 19 September 2013 13.37 BST
- Tuesday 17 September 2013 14.14 BST
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 295050