A book on Terrorism, co-authored by Swansea University Senior Lecturer Dr Lee Jarvis from the University’s Political and Cultural Studies department, has been awarded a 2012 Outstanding Academic Title Award by Choice Magazine.
This prestigious list of outstanding titles recognises the best and most significant scholarship of the 7000 works reviewed by Choice throughout the previous calendar year.
The book, Terrorism: A Critical Introduction, which was co-authored with Professor Richard Jackson (University of Otago, New Zealand), Dr. Jeroen Gunning (Durham University) and Professor Marie Breen Smyth (University of Surrey), has been described as “A superb critical introduction to both the field of terrorism research and to our understanding of the phenomena associated with terrorism” (Michael Stohl), and “A sustained breeze of fresh air focused on a subject—or obsession—that desperately needs it” (John Mueller).
The book will be familiar to Political and Cultural Studies students as it serves as the core text for Lee’s postgraduate module Terrorism: Critical Perspectives. Lee has also written “Times of Terror: Discourse, Temporality and the War on Terror.”
- For more information about Lee Jarvis go to http://www.leejarvis.com.
- For more information about Swansea University’s Department of Political and Cultural Studies go to http://www.swan.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/pcs
- For more information about CHOICE — Outstanding Academic Titles 2012 go to http://us.macmillan.com/Content.aspx?publisher=palgravetrade&id=11247
- Thursday 31 January 2013 14.48 GMT
- Friday 25 January 2013 15.28 GMT
- Swansea University