This event is organised by the Welsh Node of the Cisco National Virtual Incubator (NVI Wales) – is part of a ground breaking UK wide virtual network – based at ehi2, College of Medicine, Swansea University.
NVI Wales Workshop: Compliance, Design & Manufacture
Speaker: Alan Mumby, a design and innovation consultant with considerable experience of providing and managing creative and innovative solutions to businesses across Wales.
Date: Wednesday, 3 December 2014
Times: 12pm – 2pm
Venue: ILS 2, Swansea University, Swansea
Cost: Free for start-ups & SMEs
Transforming your idea into a product and bringing it to life as a prototype is an exciting part of the new product development process. But it can also be the most costly stage of getting a product to market. Compliance, design and manufacturing are key to producing a robust, cost-effective and successful result.
This workshop will provide a succinct and valuable insight into;
- Compliance – ensuring the product complies with the relevant industry standards and legislation;
- Design – creating a product that is safe and “fit for purpose”;
- Manufacture - make the product as simple and cost-effective as possible to manufacture.
Spaces are limited and pre-booking is essential for this free workshop.
- Tuesday 11 November 2014 00.00 GMT
- Tuesday 11 November 2014 15.51 GMT
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 295049