Lectures of the BA Media and Public Relations course within Academi Hywel Teifi have established an advisory industry panel, following a period of mentoring by Creative Skillset’s Creative Provision initiative.
Creative Provision is a development-led programme aimed at developing the industry relevance of creative courses in further and higher education.
The main objective of establishing the panel is to stimulate a meaningful and constructive dialogue between academics and representatives of relevant employment sectors. The next few months will offer an opportunity to discuss aspects related to the relevance and responsibility of the current provision, and aims to identify aspects that can be developed.
During the inaugural industry panel meeting, members expressed opinions and advised on numerous curriculum-related issues that are rapidly changing within industries. These included: graduate employability, entrepreneurship, developing skills and expertise that are likely to be expected from potential employers of graduates in the coming years.
The industry panel members include:
- Matt Appleby - Managing Director of Golley Slater
- Aled Parry – Creative Director of Cube
- Rachel Evans – Head of Planning and Purchasing at S4C
- Eryl Jones - Managing Director of Equinox Communications
- Elin Rhys - Managing Director of Telesgop
- Gethin While – Project Manager of the St Davids Awards
Non Vaughan Williams, Lecturer of the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol in Digital Media, said: “It was a pleasure to welcome members of the media and public relations industry to the university campus, with the aim of ensuring that our provision is current, and that students are prepared for working life, fully equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge".
Image: Members of the industry panel with Academi Hywel Teifi's media and public relations lecturers.
- Thursday 25 September 2014 14.17 BST
- Thursday 25 September 2014 14.22 BST
- Catrin Newman, Tel: 01792 513454