The people of Swansea will have a chance to hear from the candidates from the five main parties standing in the Swansea West constituency in the Welsh Assembly election, at a hustings event taking place on 14 April at Swansea University.
The audience will have a chance to hear from the candidates and to ask them questions. The debate will be chaired by Dr Matthew Wall of the department of political and cultural studies at Swansea University.
- The event will take place at 6:30 pm on Thursday 14th April
- The venue is the Faraday lecture theatre, Faraday Building, Singleton Campus, Swansea University (Building 8.1 on this map)
- The event is free of charge and open to the general public
- Refreshments will be served half an hour before.
Candidates who will take part in the event:
- Conservative - Craig Lawton
- Labour - Julie James
- Liberal Democrats - Peter Black
- Plaid Cymru - Harri Roberts
- UKIP - Clifford Johnson
The event is being hosted by Swansea University’s Politics & International Relations Society
Casey-Jo Zammit, secretary of the society, said:
"We are delighted to announce that we will be hosting a Welsh Assembly Election Hustings for the local constituency, Swansea West.
With the current Tata Steel crisis this election is potentially the most important Assembly election since 1999. We will be discussing the key issues for Wales in this election; health, the economy and education.
The event is open to the general public and we look forward to seeing you all!"
Find out more about political and cultural studies at Swansea University
- Friday 8 April 2016 15.09 BST
- Friday 8 April 2016 15.06 BST
- Public Relations Office