The Great Hall at Swansea University’s Bay Campus will host the 2016 Wales Institute of Social and Economic Research, Data and Methods (WISERD) Annual Conference this summer, on Wednesday, July 13 and Thursday, July 14.
The two-day event, which is Wales' largest social science conference and attracts international speakers and delegates, is set to be bigger and brighter than ever in 2016.
Among this year’s distinguished list of visiting speakers are Ottón Solís, founder member of Citizen’s Action Party (PAC) Costa Rica; Andrew Oswald, Professor of Economics at the University of Warwick; David B Grusky, Professor of Sociology at Stanford University; and Mike Hout, Professor of Sociology at New York University.
This year’s event also offers an even greater choice of sessions for delegates, in addition to plenary sessions, workshops, commercial exhibition, and networking at a range of spectacular social events.
For any enquiries regarding the conference programme or booking arrangements, please contact the WISERD Hub Team, email: WISERD.firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 029 208 70983.
The Wales Institute of Social and Economic Research, Data and Methods (WISERD) was established in 2008. The Institute is a collaborative venture between the Universities of Aberystwyth, Bangor, Cardiff, South Wales and Swansea.
The principal aims of WISERD are as follows:
- To develop the quality and quantity of social science research in Wales, particularly through externally-funded research projects
- To promote collaborative research activity across the participating universities and across disciplines and sectors
- To develop the social science research infrastructure in Wales
- To strengthen the impact of social science research on the development of policy in the public, private and third sectors through a focus on knowledge exchange and engagement.
- Friday 6 May 2016 01.00 BST
- Friday 17 November 2017 11.44 GMT
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 295049