I have been lecturing psychology in the higher education arena for many years and am continuously interested in developing innovative teaching practice as well as engaging students on a broader level increasing inclusivity and enhancing the student experience. My teaching centres primarily on some of the core themes required for Graduate Basis for Chartered membership of the British Psychological Society, including: individual differences and social psychology, as well as abnormal and clinical psychology. I am interested in a number of areas for research, including: psychological factors relating to recovery from illness; external and internal influences on mood, cognition and performance; emotions, stress and coping; understanding mental health and stigma; and, the application of positive psychology in enhancing well-being.
- PhD, Psychology, Swansea University, Swansea
- PGCE, Post-Compulsory Education and Training, University of Wales, Newport
- MSc, Cognitive Neuropsychology, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford
- BSc, Applied Psychology, University of Central Lancashire, Preston
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academ