Why ONE SWANSEA?
In celebration of 10 years of partnership between The College and Swansea University, the ONE SWANSEA joint scholarship is central to the relationship between The College and the University; one pathway leading to one degree, all sharing one excellent student experience. The College and Swansea University students are all part of one large student family and this is something we are very proud of and wish to celebrate.
Successful candidates will be eligible for a scholarship of up to £5,000 maximum towards tuition fees, the amount awarded depending on the pathway chosen. The scholarship is split across the first and second stages of study of the chosen pathway.
- Students holding offers for a University Foundation pathway or an Extended First Year Degree pathway commencing in the 2017/18 academic year (1703-1801) are eligible to apply. Current students are not eligible to apply,
- Students awarded the scholarship must formally accept their offer and pay the required deposit within six weeks of the date of the award or the award may be withdrawn.
- Not have previously received The College/Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from The College/Navitas withdrawn.
- The College element of the scholarship applies to the second semester of enrolment only.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from The College or Swanse University directly, the value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student's account during their studies and deducted from the normal tuition fees accordingly.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their first and second stages of study in order to retain their scholarship.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or other Navitas member institutes or Universities in any circumstances.
- The College reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic results (GPA)
- Additional factors such as financial disadvantage, and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants.
- Outcome of scheduled interview (if required)
Notification of results
The scholarship panel from The College will decide on the recipients of the scholarship within 2 weeks of receipt of an application. The successful recipients will be notified by e-mail.
All terms and conditions are correct as at 04/05/2017 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of The College.